Monday, March 22, 2010

Canada's graphic identity



I have been visiting Canada the past few days with some of my best girlfriends, and it has been a great time! One of the things that always strikes me about Canada is the overwhelming presence of the maple leaf...

At first I thought that this was due to the extreme national pride that most Canadians seem to embody. Don't get me wrong, I think that this is definitely part of it. But when I look at the actual ways that the maple leaf symbol is used, I think that it is just a much easier symbol to integrate into a graphic identity. Red white and blue stripes and stars are a lot more to handle...probably the best recent use of the American flag is the Obama logo.

Do you think if America had a symbol closer in comparison to the maple leaf that it would be seen more often in branding?


No comments:

Post a Comment