Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Thesis Progress

Today (in hopefully the next 45 minutes or so) I will be presenting some initial concept work for my thesis. I am still looking at the growing rate of cremation and how funeral homes can still make the same amount of money as they did on burials. I am looking specifically now at the future of the cemetery and making it a place that people might actually WANT to go to (I mean, to visit. Well, I guess to be buried there as well! But not immediately..) So here are some initial concepts and thoughts...





1 comment:

  1. Hey Syl,
    I never really got to talk to you about your presentation... I think your concepts the revolve around flowers and gardens and pretty places are really interesting. Would the cemetery maintain these plots, or would it be up to the family? It would be sweet if the family chose the type of flowers, or a mix, to represent the person buried there. The cemetery or funeral home could charge a fee to maintain it. Then a cemetery would be this sort of huge interesting floral representation of everyone buried there...

    ReplyDelete