Wednesday, July 29, 2009

movies that grow with you

Movies are an interesting thing. For example, I can go watch a Harry Potter movie and be happy....but I really feel like I only need to see it once or twice. The movies that I really love are the ones that you can watch time and time again, but are always different depending on where you are in your life. I thought I would make a quick list of some of my favorite movies like this....

1. ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND



This has to be one of my favorite all time movies...very weird and different, and a movie you pretty much have to watch a second time to fully understand. Even though the movie is based in fantasy, the themes and the relationships between the characters seem so real that you can always find a little bit of yourself in the film.

2. GARDEN STATE



This is one of my favorite scenes from Garden State. I really believe it is the climax of the film and where it all starts to come together for Large.

3. THE DARJEELING LIMITED



My favorite Wes Anderson. I love the three personalities of the brothers...really makes me want to go on a soul searching trip to India!

4. AWAY WE GO



I can't wait to watch this movie when I am looking for a place to settle myself. The characters, though outrageous and a little out there at times, have qualities that are totally recognizable and common...and I think that a lot of the emotions that the main characters are going through are universal even if you aren't having a baby or moving....plus who doesn't love John Krasnski!


Any other movies that fit in this category?

2 comments:

  1. nice post syl...
    For me, Amelie is on this list, but maybe that is in a different category because it is foreign with subtitles. I highly approve of all the movies here, though- just saw away we go yesterday and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, nice list. I love Eternal Sunshine.

    For me, it's Mansfield Park, Amelie, Singin' in the Rain, the Matrix, any Disney movie... and I'll throw in 300. A bit off kilter... ;)

    ReplyDelete