Sunday, March 8, 2009

technology: friend or foe?

I have been struggling a lot with my computer lately. Granted, it probably isn't very happy that I spilled Diet Pepsi on it, but all of that aside, it has been running the speed of a turtle walking through molasses with 1000 pounds on its back. I first really noticed this when trying to use Hypershot for the tea kettle project. After my computer spent 2 hours on a render and just got 30% finished, I gave up and rendered it on Tracy's computer (which I might add completed the render in less than an hour). Today I tried to export my computer model as an iges and alias kept crashing.

How the heck am I supposed to create a 40" by 60" board full of renderings with a computer that runs at this pace?! I am currently running a disk defrag (don't worry, I am typing this on Tracy's old computer) and hoping that that speeds it up again. If not, I guess its off to the CGC for me....

Don't you just love the end of the quarter?

No comments:

Post a Comment