Sunday, April 12, 2009

More Boston Adventures

The gang waiting for the T

This co-op in Boston is the first time that I have ever lived somewhere with a large public transportation system. The T, as the subway system is called in Boston, is the most user friendly public transportation system I have ever encountered.

I get a good feeling every time I take the subway somewhere...many of you have probably already gotten used to using public transit, but the feeling is still new for me. Every time I hop on the train to go somewhere I get this feelinf of liberation and freedom...I don't know why, I guess its just because it has never been so easy to get places before!

On Friday (we had Good Friday off) I explored Harvard square with Megan, where we found a really cool little store called Black Ink. I got a gift for my mom for Mother's Day there, and I bet I might be getting some gifts there in the future....


Pantone Mugs at Black Ink

Yesterday the New Balance boys took us to the New England Aquarium with their free pass employee perks. It was quite crowded since it was a rainy day, but fun nonetheless.

Starfish!


I have a feeling it is impossible to go downtown without stopping over in Little Italy for pastries. This time we went to Mikes, where I got a chocolate mousse cannoli and a Boston creme puff.

Yum!

A great weekend! I am a little sad that I am not home with my family for Easter, but I will get over it. Happy Easter Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. We are sad you aren't here with us either, but thanks goodness for skype! And we are grateful you have good friends in Boston to hang out with.
    Love,
    Mom, Dad and the boys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the Blue line, and the aquarium. that is almost as good as two Broadway shows, bowling in Manhattan, and some great ethnic food...almost.
    but seriously I am a little jealous, We will have to go somewhere cool this week. on another note, how do you fee about trivia night at a bar sometime?

    ReplyDelete