Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Goals for Summer Quarter

There are a few specific things related to my design skills and abilities I would like to work on this summer...

Communicating about design...but in a verbal sense. Being able to discuss design and relate to someone why a design is successful or unsuccessful is almost as important as being able do visually communicate a design, especially in the professional world. I had the opportunity to practice this a little bit on my last co-op, but I think our group project in DesComm and also our Studio project will help with this.

Creating form with meaning beyond funtion. Much of my form decisions thus far have been functionally based. I would like to learn more about form from a sculptural, emotional standpoint.

Representing my thought visually. How do I present what occurs in my mind on paper? There is so much that goes into each project that it is hard to know what is important for others to see...and much of it is so abstract and metaphysical that it is difficult to represent.


No comments:

Post a Comment