Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Storming the Cape

What a wonderful weekend I had! Steve, Megan, Aaron, and I took an epic journey to Cape Cod, where much fun and adventure was to be had. Here is a brief chronicle of our adventures:

Day 1: In which I get sand in my Fig Newton and bike about 20 miles

The Cape Cod Adventure began with lunch on the beach...it was a little cold and overcast, but I think that worked to our benefit because the Cape wasn't super crowded as I had expected.
"Either my fig newton is crunchy, or it has sand in it."

After lunch, we rented some bikes in P-town and headed to the bike trail, where we ended up biking about 20 miles in a few hours...way more than I have ever biked before, I can tell you that...but it felt great! The scenery was beautiful and very diverse: beaches, sand dunes, and forest.

That night we went back to the beach, where we had a campfire, cooked hot dogs and smores, drank beer, and played truth or dare. I managed to ruin a hot dog and a brat in the sand with my terrible campfire cooking skills.



We stayed in a little place called the "Outermost Hostel," and due to it being towards the beginning of the season we got a little cabin all to ourselves. Not bad for 25 bucks!

Day 2: In which we bum at the beach and get sunburned

Our second day began with the beach. We had a good time enjoying the sun and playing frisbee, even though the water was a little cold to get in. We all were silly and got a little sunburned, though.

Air-ron goes for the catch

After the beach, we ate lunch in P-town and browsed the strip, which was quite interesting to say the least. Provincetown is famous for its diversity and colorful inhabitants and shops.

Which brought us to the end of our mini vacation, and almost to the end of the quarter!! How quickly it has flown by! I feel so fortunate to have had the experiences I have had here in Boston, and I am so happy that I had a great group of people to hang out with. Thanks, guys!




2 comments: