Sunday, February 8, 2009

some more illustrators i enjoy

Illustration has always been a huge inspiration for me...in high school, I was pretty sure I wanted to be an illustrator, but on further thought, I realized that I wasn't so great at drawing backgrounds. Haha!

I thought I would share a few more of my favorite illustrators...


Tony DiTerlizzi: This is from the Spiderwick Chronicles books, which I have never read, but I have always enjoyed DiTerlizzi's illustration style.
Chris Sanders: Some of you might recognize his style from Disney's Lilo and Stitch. I love Sanders' watercolor paintings, they are so vibrant and full of color, but serene at the same time. Sanders is also someone who has a definite style...his art is instantly recognizable if you know his work.
Brett Helquist: I love Helquist's painting and drawing style....he uses a lot of hatching and crosshatching, even in his color paintings, which gives the pieces such interesting texture.



So those are just a few, I could go on and on, but I have managed to spend the last hour or so looking at illustration....so I should probably move on to something else!

1 comment: