Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Eco-Friendly Brands

Keeping in touch with the sustainable discussions we had today in class, I wanted to feature a brand that I admire that produces eco-friendly toys.
Sprig focuses on making environmentally responsible toys that get kids up off the couch and active. When you look at Sprig's products, they are instantly recognizable as an eco-friendly product. The toys are made of "Sprig Wood," a recycled plastic that retains a "particle" look that is often seen in recycled products. The packaging reflects this as well with its brown recycled paper packaging. The toys use no paint and no batteries. NO BATTERIES?! In a TOY?! I think this is one of the coolest things about Sprig...they are really focused on "play with me" toys rather than "watch me" toys. Getting rid of batteries isn't only more eco-friendly, it encourages the design of products that will really engage kids.....kid power!

I think Sprig is onto something big, and pretty soon every parent will know the company by name.

No comments:

Post a Comment