Monday, January 19, 2009

No Reservations


If you are looking for some cultural inspiration for your computer project, I suggest you look up clips of "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations" on YouTube. I found two episodes about India , and while I can't say I had any fantastic revelations about my computer while watching it, I think it was valuable to watch.

If you have never seen "No Reservations," it is a very interesting show. Anthony Bourdain is a chef by trade, and he isn't afraid to eat anything (brains, butts, you name it) or say what's on his mind. He really strives to show the essence of the countries that he travels to by talking to locals and eating street food (which he usually rates higher than fancy restaurant food). And he doesn't only talk about food...for example, he played cricket in the episode I watched and attempted to briefly describe the rules...I have to say I still don't get how it works!

One thing that was incredibly interesting was when Anthony went to a guru...the guru actually used a computer to plug in numbers and give Anthony a "reading" similar to a fortune teller... I can't help but think that he just Googled Anthony.

No comments:

Post a Comment